1. In which film does Acheron surprise Surprise?
2. What is the motherly mare in George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' called?
a. Ivy, b. Daisy, c. Lily, d. Clover
3. What is the name of the Kingston ghetto in which Bob Marley was raised?
4. Which six European capital cities are home to clubs that have won the UEFA Champions League title or, European Cup, as it was previously known? One point for each correct answer.
5. Which English band, sometimes referred to as the 'godfathers of goth rock', shares its name with a 20th century architectural style?
6. Which five countries in the world have the largest Muslim populations? One point for each correct answer.
7. The Drake Passage is a body of water between which two continents?
8. The coronavirus SARS. What does the acronym SARS stand for? One point for each correct letter.
9. Which spice is needed to create a Risotto alla Milanese?
10. The following words are all from songs with the word "Fast" in the song title. Can you name the song?
a. You gotta make a decision, leave tonight or live and die this way
b. There were lines on the mirror, lines on her face
11. What are Trent 900's?
12. The son of which European Footballer of the Year was a Wimbledon Boys Singles Champion?
a. Paulo Rossi, b. Johan Cruyff, c. Stanley Matthews, d. Alfredo Di Stefano
13. Name the films in which Harrison Ford plays each of the following roles. One point for each correct answer.
a. Rick Deckard
b. Colonel Woodrow Dolarhyde
c. Jack Ryan
d. Detective Capt. John Book
e. Colonel Lucas
14. What is Abyssinia called today?
15. Charles Conrad jr. was the third to do what?
16. The name of which prized flower stems from the Greek word for "testicle"?
17. Which 2010 film ends with the words "You're not an asshole Mark. You're just trying so hard to be."?
18. The three letter name for which music genre invokes the sound made by the guitar?
19. Which two ingredients are used to make the tasty rich mixture known as 'Ganache'?
20. Plus or minus 1.77 billion years, how old is the universe?
1. Master and Commander
2. Answer d. Clover
4. Six answers. Madrid, Amsterdam, Lisbon, London, Bucharest, Belgrade.
6. Five answers. In order: Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Nigeria.
7. South America and Antarctic
8. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
10. Two answers.
a. Fast Car (Tracy Chapman)
b. Life In The Fast Lane (Eagles)
11. Turbofan aircraft engines built by Rolls-Royce (used on the A380)
12. Answer c. Stanley Matthews (Stanley Matthews Jr won the title in 1962)
13. Five answers.
a. Blade Runner
b. Cowboys and Aliens
c. Patriot Games and Clear And Present Danger
e. Apocalypse Now
15. Walk on the moon
17. The Social Network
19. Cream and chocolate
20. 13.77 billion years