Pauls Quiz 302
1. Lady Tremaine was the evil villian in which animated Disney film?
2. Which European capital city was named Christiania until 1925?
3. The role of Indiana Jones was first offered to which actor?
a. Tom Selleck b. Clint Eastwood c. Jeff Bridges d. Tom Hanks
4. Meaning 'touch your heart', what is the Chinese term for small, bite sized portions of food?
5. Which FIFA World Player of the Year and European Footballer of the Year ran for President of his country in 2005?
6. The following are the first words to which songs? One point for each correct answer.
a. "It's nine o'clock on a Saturday"
b. "Wednesday morning at five o'clock as the day begins"
c. "It's one o'clock and time for lunch"
7. What is the very well known Latin word for 'archer'?
8. In novels and films, which agency is often referred to as 'the circus'?
9. What is the name of the strait in which the HMS Hood was sunk?
10. What are the three largest islands in the Mediterranean? One point for each correct answer.
11. Which song begins with "Harry Truman"?
12. The following couples appear in which romantic movies? One point for each correct answer.
a. Anna Scott and Will Thacker
b. Rick Blaine and Ilsa Lund
c. Baby Houseman and Johnny Castle
d. Jack Dawson and Rose Dewitt
13. Which European Footballer of the Year played international football for Spain, Argentina and Colombia?
14. Zeus had five children with names beginning with the letter 'A'. Can you name them? One point for each correct answer.
15. 'The Division Bell' was the last album from which band in 1994?
16. Which title, meaning 'The Master', was given to Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar?
17. Which year is it in the traditional song 'The Irish Rover'?
18. Kristin Shepard shot which evil man?
19. What is the English word for a 'vaquero'?
20. The name of which popular British television comedy drama is found in Shakespeare's Sonnet 18, 'Shall I compare thee to a summers day'?
3. Answer a. Tom Selleck
4. Dim Sum
5. George Weah
6. Three answers.
a. Piano Man (Billy Joel)
b. She's Leaving Home (Beatles)
c. I Know What I Like (Genesis)
9. Denmark Strait
10. Three answers. Sicily, Sardinia, Cyprus.
11. We didn't start the fire. (Billy Joel)
12. Four answers.
a. Notting Hill
c. Dirty Dancing
13. Alfredo Di Stefano
14. Five answers. Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis and Aphrodite.
15. Pink Floyd
16. El Cid
17. 1806 ("On the fourth of July 1806 we set sail from the sweet cove of Cork")
18. J. R. Ewing
19. Cowboy (herdsman)
20. The darling buds of May