1. Which headland, south of Cape Town is a famous landmark for maritime navigators?
2. Who captained South Africa during their 1999 World Cup cricket campaign?
3. Following the abandonment of apartheid, in what year were South Africa re-admitted to the Commonwealth?
4. Which South African company sells about 80% of the world's rough gem diamonds through its London office?
5. Who is the only South African racing driver to be Formula 1 World Champion?
6. Gandhi spent many years in South Africa. What was his profession whilst there?
7. Which South African political party is led by Chief Buthelezi?
8. What significant event happened at Groote Schuur Hospital in 1967?
9. Which town, named after the wife of a colonial administrator, was besieged by the Boers during the South African war?
10. Name either of Tom Sharpe' two novels that parody South African life?
1. Cape of Good Hope
2. Hansie Cronje
4. De Beers
5. Jody Sheckter (1979)
7. Inkatha Freedom Party
8. First heart transplant
10. Riotous Assembly or Indecent Exposure