1. Dragon's Mouth is a strait that separates which two countries?
2. The Central African Republic is a landlocked country in Central Africa. It shares borders with five other countries. Name them.
3. Lake Baikal in Russia/Siberia is the lake containing the largest volume of water in the world. Lake Tanganyika comes second on this list. In which four countries can one find Lake Tanganyika?
4. The Amazon river flows through sevem countries. Name five of them.
5. The second highest mountain above sea level is K2. In which country does it reside?
6. Mount McKinley is the highest peak in the USA. In which state can one find it?
7. Ireland now has four c?ige. Name them.
8. The Yucatan Channel separates which two countries?
9. Mumbai (form: Bombay) is the most populous city in the World (defined according to the concept of city proper) - plus or minus one million inhabitants, how many people call Mumbai 'home'?
10. In a standard game of trivial pursuit, which colour represents a geography question?
11. What can be metamorphic, sedimentary or igneous?
12. In which country is the Albert Canal?
13. Who was the most famous occupant of Dove Cottage in Grassmere?
14. In which city would you find the famous Phoenix Park?
15. Which is the largest island in the Mediteranean?
16. In which country would you find the Rangipo Desert?
17. Aberdeen stands between the mouths of two rivers. Name them.
18. If you are standing in Paris, which is nearer, Edinburgh or Rome?
19. Situated in Italy, what is Stromboli?
20. Which is further east, Portsmouth or Southampton?
21. Is the tropic of cancer in the northern or southern hemisphere?
22. Which mountain range straddles Morocco and Algeria?
23. On an alphabetical list of the 15 independent countries that were once the Soviet Union, which comes last?
1. Trinidad and Venezuela.
2. Chad in the north, Sudan in the east, the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo in the south, and Cameroon in the west.
3. Tanzania, DRC, Burundi, Zambia.
4. Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela and Guyana.
5. Pakistan (The location is in the Northern Areas of Kashmir, territory under Pakistani control but claimed by India).
6. Alaska - it is the centerpiece of Denali National Park
7. Leinster, Munster, Connacht and Ulster. The word c?ige means fifth but the fifth one, Meath, is now part of Leinster.
8. Cuba and Mexico.
13. William Wordsworth.
14. Dublin, Ireland.
16. New Zealand.
17. Dee and Don
19. An active volcano.