Europe Quiz 3
Many thanks go to Dave Murten for this round. Dave presents his quiz at The Waterloo Pub in Blackpool, UK. Many thanks Dave.
1. What is known as the Old Lady Of Threadneedle Street?
2. What is the most northern capital city in Europe?
3. Name three of the five countries that border Switzerland?
4. Which holiday isle has an airport called Luqa?
5. Tarifa is the southern most point on the mainland of which country?
6. Belgium, France and Germany were three of the six original countries that formed the EU, which were the other three?
7. Which is the longest river in Britain?
8. What is the Paris Gare Du Nord?
9. In which year did the rail services commence operating through the Channel Tunnel?
10. What was the name of the car ferry that capsized when leaving Zeebrugge in 1987?
1. The Bank of England
2. Reyjkavik, Iceland
3. France, Germany, Italy, Austria & Lichtenstein
6. Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
7. Severn (220 miles)
8. Railway station
10. Herald of Free Enterprise