1. What is the largest city in the US named after a British PM?
2. With 4,400 km, what is the longest river in the world beginning with the letter 'L'?
3. Based on the total number of passengers per year, the two busiest metro (subway) systems in the world are in which cities? One point for each correct answer
4. Which popular dried fruit is named after a port city in Greece?
5. What is Stalingrad called today?
6. What are the five boroughs in New York City? One point for each correct answer.
7. In which US state did the Battle of Little Big Horn take place?
8. The ghost town Pripyat is found in which country?
9. In which five cities are the busiest airports in Europe located? (based on the total number of passengers each year) One point for each correct answer.
10. The Potala palace was once the chief residence of which 'Ocean Teacher'?
11. Name the six European Union countries that have the most borders with other countries. One point for each correct answer.
12. Name the two countries in the world beginning with the letter 'S' that have a sword or a saber on the national flag. One point for each correct answer.
3. Tokyo and Moscow
4. Corinthians (after the port city Corinth)
6. Staten Island, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn and The Bronx
8. Ukraine (Pripyat was built to house the Chernobyl nuclear power plant workers)
9. Five answers: London (Heathrow), Paris (Charles de Gaulle), Frankfurt, Madrid (Barajas) and Amsterdam (Schiphol)
10. The Dalai Lama. (translated 'Ocean Teacher' or 'Ocean Leader')
11. Germany (9), Austria and France (8), Hungary and Poland (7), Italy (6).
12. Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia