The following quiz was kindly donated by Jay Patrick. Many thanks Jay, great work. Jay would like the website http://www.dragonarttattoo.net mentioned on our site in return for his quiz inclusion.
1. In which country were the AVH the security police?
2. In which year was the Berlin Wall built?
3. What name was given to the reform programme initiated by Gorbachev?
4. What name was given to the state of tension between the communist states and the west after World War II?
5. What was East Germany's official name?
6. What was St Petersburg called during communist rule?
7. What was the communist economic association called?
8. What was the Czech Charter 77 protesting about in 1977?
9. What was the name given to Gorbachev's foreign relations programme?
10. What was the official name of the Soviet Union?
11. What was the period of liberalisation in Czechoslovakia in 1968 called?
12. What were the KGB in the Soviet Union?
13. When was the Hungarian uprising?
14. Where in Gdansk was Solidarity founded?
15. Which communist country remained outside the military alliance of eastern bloc countries in 1955?
4. Cold War
5. German Democratic Republic
8. Human rights
10. Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
11. Prague Spring
12. Committee for State Security