1. In a popular hit song, what is the first name of the young woman with the surname Avery?
2. Which song, written in 1913, was a number one hit in Australia and all over Europe for Simon and Garfunkel?
3. What was the name of the first large benifit concert organised by George Harrison and Ravi Shankar in 1971?
4. In song, what is the name of the woman who is "just about five feet four"?
5. Who released the following UK number one albums in 1987? One point for each correct answer: a. Tunnel Of Love, b. Nothing Like The Sun, c. Tango In The Night, d. Hysteria
6. The fictional ship HMS Thunderchild is depicted on the cover of which 1978 concept album?
7. Using the song title, complete the following lyrics. "I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee, and ...."
8. Which song, a major hit in both the 1970s and 1990s, was about listening to a Don McLean song in concert?
9. Name the Rock Opera or Concept Album in which each of the following songs appear. One point for each correct answer. a. What's the buzz, b. Cousin Kevin, c. 5. 15, d. Five Years, e. Goodbye Blue Sky
10. Which vocal group with a bird name are credited with establishing the 'doo-wop' sound?
1. Sylvia (from the song Sylvia's Mother, "please Mrs Avery I just wanna tell her goodbye")
2. El Condor Pasa
3. The Concert For Bangladesh
4. Gloria (Van Morrison, Them)
5. Four answers: a. Bruce Springsteen, b. Sting, c. Fleetwood Mac, d. Def Leppard
6. Jeff Wayne's 'War of the Worlds'
7. You're so vain (Carly Simon)
8. Killing Me Softly With His Song (Roberta Flack and The Fugees)
9. Five answers: a. Jesus Christ Superstar, b. Tommy, c. Quadrophenia, d. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, e. The Wall
10. The Flamingos