1. Which large green variety of cooking apple was named after a 19th century butcher who was first grower of the fruit (reputedly)?
2. Which green or yellow liqueur has been distilled since 1607 by the Carthusian monks?
3. In which sport was Lucinda Green world champion in 1982?
4. Which organisation established in 1971 focuses on environmental and green issues?
5. What is green bacon?
6. The Olympic flag bears the emblem of five coloured rings. Which one is the green one? i.e. left, second from left, middle, second from right or right.
7. By which process do green plants trap light energy and use it to drive a series of chemical reactions?
8. What name is given to a young green cabbage that is picked before the heart has fully developed?
9. On a standard golf course, what is the minimum distance between tee and green on any hole?
10. In the children's nursery rhyme, what did Little Johnny Green do?
11. The pressure group Greenpeace was formed in which year? 1956, 1961, 1966, 1971, 1976
12. What colour flag is flown on beaches that have been declared clean and free of pollution?
13. A leak from an American owned chemical factory in which city killed tens of thousands in 1984?
14. Britain?s nuclear treatment centre is THORP at Sellafield, what does THORP stand for?
15. In 1962 Rachel Carson published Silent Spring, warning against the ecological dangers of what?
16. What are the chemicals in aerosols and refrigerants partly responsible for the depletion of the ozone layer?
17. What is the destructive cultivation technique used by nomadic people in many third world country?s?
18. In 1993, which of these cities was declared the least polluted, Athens, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome?
19. Name any 3 countries that have flouted or refused to sign anti whaling agreements?
20. Among Europe?s main rivers, which one has been classified the most polluted?
3. Three day event
4. Friends of the Earth
6. Second from right (Blue, Yellow, Black, Green, Red)
8. Spring Green
9. 100 yards (90 metres)
10. Put pussy in the well
14. Thermal Oxide (Regeneration plant)
16. Cfcs (Chlorofluorocarbons)
17. Slash & burn
18. London (Athens 23rd)
19. Any 3 of (Brazil, Denmark, Iceland, Japan, Norway Peru, Russia, South Korea)
20. The Rhine