Daves Quiz 1
1. Four US states start and end with the same letter, name them.
2. Which former England football manager was famously quoted as saying "Never change a winning team." just before his sacking? (Clue: England failed to qualify for a major tournament after drawing 1-1 with an Eastern European team)
3. A Greek god, a butterfly, a basin on the far side of the moon and the son of Commander Adama in Battlestar Galactica. Six letters.
4. Which band's origins were as "The Quarrymen" and "Johnny and the Moondogs"?
5. Which electronic giant's name literally translated mean "Three Stars"?
6. What did Karl Marx observe as "The Opium of the People"?
7. What do Sally Ride, Helen Sharman and Svetlana Savitskaya all have in common?
8. Who's songs have been performed three times more than any other artists' across the worlds' Karaoke circuits?
9. What did the island of Elba in 1814 and the island of St. Helena in 1815 have in common?
10. Which blockbuster movie based on a bestselling novel starred Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Sir Ian McKellen, Paul Bettany, Jean Reno and Alfred Molina?
11. ipill, MedEx and Dr. Morris are all examples of what?
12. Which creature appears on the state flag of Western Australia?
13. In which part of the body are double, tented, radial or Ulnar loops, arches and Whorls found?
1. Ohio, Alabama, Arizona and Alaska
2. Sir Alf Ramsey (Thanks to M.W. for correcting a previous error in the question)
4. The Beatles
5. Samsung - in Korean "Sam" means three and "sung" means star/s.
7. (Female) Astronauts
8. Elvis Presley
9. Napoleon was imprisoned there
10. The Da Vinci Code
11. Internet pharmacies
12. A black swan
13. Fingers / Thumbs