Summer Quiz 1
1. What is the collective name of a group of seventeen hundred islands between Canada and the USA which are popular summer resorts?
2. Whose summer villa is at Castel Gandolfo?
3. When is the Christian festival of Midsummer Day?
4. Where were the 1968 Summer Olympics held?
5. What is used as the filling of a summer pudding?
6. Which institution, introduced by Harold Wilson, consists of TV and radio lectures and summer schools?
7. In 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland', what was done all on a summer's day?
8. Elvis Presley was the King, Bruce Springsteen the Boss. What nickname was given to Donna Summer?
9. In which capital city in the Northern Hemisphere, the name of which is a local tribe, has almost 19 hours of daylight during the summer solstice?
10. Which actor, later to find fame in 'It Ain't Half Hot Mum', played the part of one of Cliff Richard's friends in the film 'Summer Holiday'?
11. Which brothers wrote the song summertime?
12. Esther Summerson is the heroine of which novel by Charles Dickens?
13. Which duo had a hit in 1978 with Summer Nights?
14. Which hit song describes summer thus ?Those days of soda and pretzels and beer??
15. The film Summersby starred Richard Gere and which actress?
16. As the owner of what sort of shops is Anne Summers renowned?
17. Who had a hit record in 1961 with Summertime Blues?
18. The tiny summer Isles are a few miles Northwest of which Scottish port?
19. How is the singer La Donna Gaynes better known?
20. Which group had a hit with the song ?In the summertime??
1. Thousand islands
2. The pope
3. 24th June
5. Soft fruit (such as raspberries or blackcurrants)
6. Open University
7. Queen of Hearts made some tarts
8. Queen of Disco
9. Helsinki (Finland)
10. Melvyn Hayes
11. George & Ira Gershwin
12. Bleak House
13. John Travolta & Olivia Newton John
14. Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer
15. Jodie Foster
16. Sex Shops
17. Eddie Cochran
19. Donna Summer
20. Mungo Jerry