1. What was the first artificial satellite?
2. Who was the first living creature in space?
3. Who was the first man in space?
4. What was the name of the American mission to land a man on the moon?
5. Which country built the Saturn V rocket?
6. Clyde Tombaugh is credited with the discovery of what?
7. Which was the first space probe to leave the solar system?
8. What is the name of the space shuttle destroyed in mid-air 28 Jan 1986?
9. What was the name of the American space station?
10. How many US space shuttles are there?
11. What did the Italian astronomer Giovanni Sciaparelli call the strange markings he observed on the planet Mars?
12. What was the name of the US Space Shuttle which crashed during take-off in 1986?
13. Which is the largest asteroid in the solar system?
14. Which element makes up over 90% of the atoms in our galaxy?
15. What is the difference between meteors and meteorites?
16. With which planet do you associate the Cassini Division?
17. In 1986 which body within the solar system was explored by the European Giotto space probe?
18. Which planet, first discovered in 1930, takes 248 years to orbit the sun?
19. Triton and Nereid are satellites of which planet?
20. Which is the nearest star to the Earth, after the sun?
1. Sputnik 1
2. Laika the dog
3. Yuri Gagarin
4. The Apollo Project
7. Pioneer 10
10. 4 (Columbia, Endeavour, Discovery and Atlantis)
15. A meteorite is a meteor that has landed
16. Saturn (divisions in the rings)
17. Haley?s Comet
20. Proxima Centuri