Think About it Quiz 1
The following quiz round was submitted by John Cullen from the UK. Thanks a lot John, a great round
1. Digital clocks use a combination of light emitting diodes. Which time of the day (in both a: 12 and b: 24 hour clocks) lights up the most diodes?
2. In a game of tennis what is the minimum number of strokes by one player required to win a set?
3. How many male Christian (or given) names are used in the NATO phonetic alphabet?
4. In the list of titles of best film winners of the Academy Awards there are four containing animals - which was the earliest winner?
5. Still on Best Film winners - which would come first alphabetically?
6. The name of which American state contains only one syllable?
7. Who was the last Englishman to manage a football team to an English top flight title? (Premiership or old 1st div.)
8. According to the Bible, which one person was responsible for the death of a quarter of the world's population?
9. What does ZIP stand for in the American Zip Codes?
10. How many gifts are given in total in the song The Twelve Days Of Christmas?
1. Two answers:
a: 08.08 and
b: 08:08 (Thanks to Sean Herron for correcting a previous mistake, 20:08 has indeed less LEDs lit than 08:08)
2. Twelve - twelve 'aces' and twelve double faults by the opponent.
3. Five - Charlie, Mike, Oscar, Romeo and Victor.
4. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
- the others are The Deer Hunter (1978), Dances With Wolves (1990), Silence of the Lambs (1991).
5. A Beautiful Mind (2001).
6. Maine. (For the record there are two American states with only one consonant - Iowa and Ohio. )
7. Howard Wilkinson (Leeds United 1992).
8. Cain (who killed Able).
9. Zone Improvement Plan.