Brown Quiz 2
1. During which century did the landscape architect Lancelot 'Capability' Brown live and work?
2. A footballer to play for England with the surname 'Brown' made his only appearance in 1971 v Wales, when on the books of West Bromwich Albion. Name him.
3. How did the famous American abolitionist John Brown die on December 2, 1859?
4. What was the christian name of John Alcock's partner with whom he made the first non-stop flight over the Atlantic in 1919?
5. The Musical 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' tells the story of one of the survivors of which nautical disaster?
6. Who wrote the novel 'Tom Brown's School Days'?
7. In which US state is the city of Brownsville?
8. In which field did the French born Englishman Ford Maddox Brown, born in 1821 and died in 1893, acheive fame?
9. Which top 10 hit of 1959 by 'The Browns' tells the story of little Jimmy Brown?
10. Name the first test tube baby born in 1978?
1. 18th (1715-1783)
4. Sir Arthur Whitten (Brown)
5. Sinking of the Titanic
6. Thomas Hughes
8. As a Painter
9. Three Bells
10. Louise Brown