1. Like the Taj Mahal, which of the seven ancient wonders was a gift of love from a king to his queen ?
2. Complete the words to the classic love song L-O-V-E from Nat King Cole.
L is for the way you ...
O is for the only ...
V is very, very ...
E is even more than anyone that ...
3. Which lusty king who hated monks made Valentines Day a national holiday in England ?
4. Which one word is missing in all three of the following song lyrics ? extra points for the song title !!
1. "I was kissin ..."
2. "... looks very much alive and he looks up ladies dresses as they sadly pass him by"
3. "Be your ... just for you"
5. Complete the names of the following pairs of famous lovers:
a. Aphrodite and A...
b. Dante and B...
c. Cupid and P...
6. Who wrote "Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all"?
7. Who's loving hands created the famous 1886 statue Le Baisser (The Kiss) ?
8. The following words mean or meant love in which languages ?
9. Complete these words with the song title.
"Thy vacant brow and thy tousled hair conceal thy good intent. Thou noble upright truthful sincere and slightly dopey gent, you're ........"
10. Which colourful 'language' of love was introduced into western Europe in the 16th century ?
1. The Hanging Gardens.
L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore
3. Henry VIII in the year 1537.
4. Valentino is the missing word. The songs are
1. Manic Monday
2. Celluloid Heroes
3. Good old fashioned lover boy.
5. Three Answers
6. c. Tennyson (In Memoriam 27, st 4.)
7. A. Rodin
8. Two Answers:
b. Old English
9. My Funny Valentine
10. The language of flowers. Red roses 'I love you', Blue Violets 'faithfulness' etc.