1. What was Bretts last supper in the film Pulp Fiction ? (food and beverage)
2. The botanical name for which flowering plant is papaver somniferum, which means sleep bearing ?
3. In which 'vintage' songs would you find the following words ?
a. She never drinks the water and makes you order French Champagne
b. A bottle of white, a bottle of red, perhaps a bottle of rose instead
c. Moet and Chandon in her pretty cabinet
d. Never understood a single word he said but I helped him drink his wine, yes he always had some mighty fine wine
e. Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, Whose wine, what wine, where the hell did I dine
f. I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
g. Pink Champaigne on ice
4. With which mouth-watering treat does one associate the word ganache ?
5. What is the main flavour in the following alcohols ?
6. In the song Summer Wine, what is summer wine made from ?
7. Which tuber is sometimes called the 'Black Diamond" ?
8. Which seed is the basic ingredient for tahina paste ?
9. How would you say 'house wine' in
10. Grappa is made with pomace. What is pomace ?
1. A Big Kahuna (cheese) burger and Sprite
2. Opium poppy
3. Seven Answers:
a. Livin la Vida Loca
b. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
c. Killer Queen
d. Joy to the World
e. Do you feel like we do
f. Norwegian Wood
g. Hotel California
4. Chocolate. Ganache means 'cushion', a combination of chocolate and cream.
5. Five Answers
c. elderberry / aniseed
e. black currant
6. "Strawberries, Cherries and an angel's kiss in spring, my summer wine is really made from all these things"
9. Four Answers
a. vino de la casa
c. vin (de la) maison
d. vino della casa
10. The residue, or what is left over after grapes are pressed. (seeds, skins, stems and pulp)