Pauls Dragon Quiz 1
1. The dragon slayer St. George was born in Cappodocia. In which modern day country is Cappodocia ?
2. The great and mighty dragon Ancalagon the Black inhabited which land ?
3. Which famous dragon amused himself "along the cherry lane" ?
4. Quetzalcoatl was a serpent god amongst which tribe ?
5. In Celtic mythology the dragon 'Master Stoorworm' was defeated by a young lad named Assipattle. Stoorworm's demise, it is said, led to the creation of which four islands or group of islands ?
6. In which books would one find a dragon type called Romanian ?
7. Which two countries have a dragon on their flag ?
8. Who was Jormungandr's arch enemy ?
9. An English word for a vital body part and the Chinese word for dragon.
10. The dragon Fafnir was slain by which man ?
2. Middle earth (Tolkien's middle earth)
3. Puff the Magic Dragon. "Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane"
5. Orkney, Shetland , Faroe and Iceland.
6. Harry Potter books
7. Wales and Bhutan (note: In the top left hand corner of the flag of Malta there is a George Cross, Within the cross St George is depicted battling a dragon.)