Pauls Airplane Quiz 1
1. Which sleek airplanes name means 'harmony'?
2. Which actor played the captain or pilot in each of the following films?
b. Spirit of St. Louis
c. Airport 75
e. The Blue Max
f. Flight of the Phoenix (1965)
g. Dr. Strangelove
3. Plus or minus 5 sec, how long was the first Wright Brothers flight?
4. What is the name given to a Marine Corps aircraft that carries the US vice president?
5. Who wrote the best selling novel 'Airport'?
6. Complete this fighter jock expression. 'pushing the outside of the .......'
7. The following words are from which songs'?
a. I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
b. He flew into the sky to seek revenge, but the bloody Red Baron shot him down, curses. foiled again
c. On the way the paper bag was on my knee, man I had a dreadful flight
d. It's 8.15 and thats the time it's always been
e. 737 comin out of the sky
8. What is the well known term used by allied pilots in WW II to describe UFO's ?
9. Which nickname was given to The Red Baron's Jagdgeschwader (fighter squadron) 1 ?
10. The plot in the James Bond film Thunderball is centred around the search for which type of bomber?
2. Seven answers
a. Dean Martin
b. Jimmy Stewart
c. Charlton Heston
d. Clint Eastwood
e. George Peppard
f. Jimmy Stewart
g. Slim Pickens
3. 59 sec
4. Marine Two
5. Arthur Hailey
7. Five answers
a. Daniel (Elton John)
b. Snoopy vs The Red Baron (Royal Gaurdsmen)
c. Back in the USSR (Beatles)
d. Enola Gay (OMD)
e. Travelin Band (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
8. Foo Fighters
9. Flying Circus
10. An RAF Vulcan