1. Which Cary Grant film title is pedestrian advice?
2. In which four Alfred Hitchcock films did Cary Grant play the leading man?
3. What was Cary Grant's real name?
4. In which popular 1988 film comedy is the leading characters name Cary Grant's real name?
|Archibald Alec Leach (January 18, 1904 ? November 29, 1986), better known by his stage name Cary Grant, was a British-born American actor. With his distinctive yet not quite placeable accent, he was noted as perhaps the foremost exemplar of the debonair leading man, handsome, virile, charismatic and charming. He was named the second Greatest Male Star of All Time by the American Film Institute. He was well known for starring in classic films such as The Philadelphia Story, North by Northwest, Notorious, His Girl Friday, To Catch A Thief, Bringing Up Baby, Gunga Din, Charade, and The Bishop's Wife. At the 42nd Academy Awards the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences honored him with an Honorary Award "for his unique mastery of the art of screen acting with the respect and affection of his colleagues".|
6. Who was the leading lady opposite Cary Grant in each of the following films?
b. North by Northwest
d, Father Goose
e. She done him wrong
f. To Catch a Thief
7. Gary Granite appeared in which program?
8. Who was the mother of Cary Grants only child Jennifer Grant?
9. A colourful and fragrant Hybrid Tea has been named after Cary Grant. What kind of Hybrid Tea?
10. Hollywood producers were quite happy about Cary Grant's stage name in the 1930s as the initials C. G. or G. C. were also those of the two biggest male box office attractions at the time. Name the two actors.
1. Walk, don't run.
2. Suspicion (1941), Notorious (1946), To Catch a Thief (1955) and North by Northwest (1959)
3. Archibald Leach
4. A Fish Called Wanda. (John Cleese is Archie Leach)
5. LSD (it was legal at the time)
6. Six answers
a. Sophia Loren
b. Eva Marie Saint
c. Audrey Hepburn
d. Leslie Caron
e. Mae West
f. Grace Kelly
7. The Flintstones
8. Dyan Cannon
9. A Hybrid Tea Rose
10. Clark Gable and Gary Cooper.