Pot Luck Quiz 16
1) Which playwright described fox hunting as ?the unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable??
2) What is the correct anatomical name for the thighbone?
3) Which coronation street family inherited ?30,000 in the summer of 95?
4) Who was the last golfer of the 1980s to win the BBC Sports Personality of the year?
5) Through which country does the Orinocco run for most of its 1000 miles?
6) Complete the lyrics of a well known Beatles song ?Picture yourself in a boat on a river with Tangerine Trees and...??
7) What do Micra, Prarie and Primera have in Common?
8) Which food is eaten the most throughout the world?
9) From which musical does the duet ?I know him so well? come?
10) According to the proverb what is the road to hell paved with?
11) Which food not rationed during World War II, was rationed after it?
12) In which year did Winston Churchill die?
13) What is the name of the marmalade cat created by Kathleen Hale, which shares its name with an American city?
14) For what is the Medoc area of France famous?
15) What are Cheshire, Gouda and Gorgonzola?
16) How is Cherilyn La Pier better known?
17) Gavrillo Pricip is famous for shooting whom in Sarajevo?
18) Which monarchs sat on the Peacock throne?
19) Who first claimed that the world was not flat but a sphere?
20) Which animals communicate by touch, smell and dance?
21) Which word meaning letter is in titles of books of the bible?
22) What paper is used to test acid and alkali?
23) What are the initials of the English writer Priestley?
24) Who presented the first ever edition of Mastermind?
25) How many seconds are there in a quarter of an hour?
26) What day follows Shrove Tuesday?
27) Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson formed what?
28) How is the UK golfing term albatross known in America?
29) Where is Charles Darwin buried?
30) What type of animal is a vmi vmi
1) Oscar Wilde
3) The Duckworths
4) Nick Faldo in 1989
6) Marmalade Skies
7) They are all cars made by Nissan
10) Good Intentions
13) Orlando (thanks to Ian for correcting the question)
17) Archduke Ferdinad
24) Magnus Magnusson
26) Ash Wednesday
27) The Supremes
28) Double Eagle
29) Westminster Abbey
30) A Pig