QuizMiz Quiz 31
1. How many of Hannibal's 37 war elephants survived the crossing of the Alps? (+/- 5)
2. Which city is further south, New York or Rome, Italy?
3. Which computer manufacturer released the Amiga 1000 model in 1985?
4. From which song is the line ?But I knew if I had my chance, I could make those people dance??
5. What are the names of the 2 protagonists in the musical "My fair Lady"? (1 point per correct answer)
6. A dik-dik is a small
a) antelope, b) rodent, b) singing bird or d) lizard?
7. How many petals does the flower of a tulip have?
8. Anti-lock braking systems (commonly known as ABS), were first developed for
a) aircraft, b) motorcycles, c) cars or d) locomotives?
9. Which river runs through Bordeaux:
a) Garonne, b) Loire, c) Rh?ne or d) Seine?
10. Which American couple were executed on 19th June 1953 for allegedly passing nuclear weapons secrets to the Soviet Union?
11. In which century was the Seven Years' War fought?
12. True or False: Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi never received the Nobel Peace Prize?
13. Into which sea does the Neva river flow?
14. In which country is the city of Agadir?
15. How high is the net in badminton? (+/- 20cm)
16. Which sport, according to Mark Twain, is """.. a good walk spoiled"?
17. What name is given to the positive electrode of a battery?
18. In computer terminology, what does WAP stand for?
19. What are you afraid of if you suffer from hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia?
20. Which term denotes a ship's apparatus of masts, yards, sails and cordage?
2. New York
4. American Pie
5. Professor Henry Higgins, Eliza Dolittle
6. a) antelope
8. a) aircraft / Flugzeuge
9. a) Garonne
10. Ethel & Julius Rosenberg
11. 18th century (1756-1763)
13. Baltic Sea
18. Wireless Application Protocol
19. the number 666