1. True or False: Satin is a cloth made exclusively from silk?
2. What would a roman soldier have done with a pilum:
a) thrown it, b) eaten it, c) worn it or d) stood on it?
3. Sonic the Hedgehog is the mascot of which video game developing company?
4. Standing 300m tall, what is the total weight of the Eiffel Tower? (+/- 500 tonnes)
5. According to the Bible, what did God create first, plants or animals?
6. In order to stay fit and healthy, Indian grandmother Ram Rati, 80, eats approx. 1 kg of
a) rice, b) sand, c) tree bark or d) grass per day
7. Which song starts with the words "Last night I dreamt of San Pedro, Just like I'd never gone, I knew the song.."?
8. "Young Hare" and "The Praying Hands" are two of the best-known paintings/drawings of which artist?
9. How many carat has the "Lesotho Promise", the world's largest diamond found in this century? (+/- 50ct)
10. The Russian government has sent out a leaflet to every home in Russia warning that people who give or take bribes will
a) be sent to Siberia, b) burn in the flames of hell, or c) not get vodka anymore d) be drafted into the army?
11. True or False: the Sweet Chestnut is a domesticated form of the Horse Chestnut?
12. Leonardo DiCaprio had his first movie role in
a) Critters 3, b) This Boy's Life, c) What's Eating Gilbert Grape or d) The Basketball Diaries?
13. Lee Harvey Oswald survived John F. Kennedy by
a) 2 days, b) 2 weeks, c) 2 months or d) 2 years?
14. In what year was the German Green Party founded? (+/- 5 years)
15. Goa is the smallest state of which country?
16. The "Atomium" is one of the landmarks of which city?
17. Who played the role of Bret Maverick in the 50's/60's TV series "Maverick"?
18. What plant was first brought from South America to Europe, the tomato or the potato?
19. In what novel would you find the characters of Enjolras, Marius, Éponine, Cosette and Fantine?
20. Who released the song "Sk8er Boi" in 2002?
2. a) thrown it - it's a spear
4. 10,100 tonnes
6. b) Sand
7. La Isla Bonita
8. Albrecht D?rer
9. 603 carat
10. b) burn in the flames of hell
12. a) Critters 3
13. a) 2 days
17. James Garner
18. tomato (the potato made it's own way across the Atlantic and grew on the beaches of Ireland)
19. Les Mis?rables
20. Avril Lavigne