1. What was the name of Yuri Gagarin's space capsule?
2. Which planet has a year which is shorter than its day?
3. What is the only sign of the Zodiac named after two living things?
4. What is the smallest planet in the Solar System?
5. What is the name of the largest constellation?
6. Ganymede and Io are moons of which planet?
7. What is the only sign of the Zodiac that is not named after a living creature?
8. Which theory states that the Universe was created after an explosion?
9. What type of creatures were Laska and Beny who went into space in 1958?
10. Who was the first American in space?
11. Which planet is famed for its Canals?
12. What was the name of the US Space Shuttle which crashed during take-off in 1986?
13. Which is the largest asteroid in the solar system?
14. Which element makes up over 90% of the atoms in our galaxy?
15. What is the difference between meteors and meteorites?
16. With which planet do you associate the Cassini Division?
17. In 1986 which body within the solar system was explored by the European Giotto space probe?
18. Which planet, first discovered in 1930, takes 248 years to orbit the sun?
19. Triton and Nereid are satellites of which planet?
20. Which is the nearest star to the Earth, after the sun?
21. Who in 1965 became the first person to walk in Space?
22. According to the promotional trailers for the 1979 film Alien ? in space no one can hear you..? what?
23. The first space shuttle launch took place in April of which year?
24. Who had a top 10 hit with ?I?m the Urban Spaceman??
25. Who was the first woman in space?
26. What is the name of the spacecraft that landed on the moon in 1969?
27. Who directed the film 2001 ? a space odyssey?
28. According to the TV series Star Trek, what is space?
29. Which British born scientist in 1997 spent several months on the Russian spacecraft Mir?
30. Who was the first British female astronaut in space?
1. Vostock 1
8. The Big Bang Theory
10. John Glenn
15. A meteorite is a meteor that has landed
16. Saturn (divisions in the rings)
17. Haley's Comet
20. Proxima Centuri
21. Alexy Leonov
24. Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band
25. Vantina Tereshkova
26. Apollo 11
27. Stanley Kubrick
28. The Final Frontier
29. Michael Foale
30. Helen Sharman