Science and Nature Quiz 6
1. What Polish astronomer demonstrated in 1512 that the sun is the centre of the solar system?
2. What mountain range is the natural habitat of the llama?
3. What is the boiling point of water on the centigrade scale?
4. What sign is the Water carrier the zodiacal symbol for?
5. What craft did John Young and Bob Crippen take into orbit?
6. What is a rhinoceros horn made of?
7. What number is represented in Morse code by five dots?
8. How often are brain cells replaced?
9. What is the only clockwise rotating planet?
10. What drug can be found in tonic water?
11. Who in 1961 made the first space flight?
12. What unit of measurement equals 0.3937 of an inch?
13. What is the more usual name for Roentgen Rays?
14. What kind of fruit is a sturmer pippin?
15. How often does Haley?s comet appear?
16. Where in the body are the trapezius muscles?
17. Which gas is often called laughing gas?
18. Which major planets mean distance from the sun is 67 million miles?
19. How many people have walked on the moon?(9, 12, 15, 23)
20. Which is the nearest planet to the sun in our solar system?
1. Nicholas Copernicus
2. The Andes
3. 100 degrees
5. The Space Shuttle Colombia
11. Yuri Gagarin
12. A centimetre
13. X Rays
14. An apple
15. 76 years
16. Neck or shoulders
17. Nitrous Oxide