Science and Nature Quiz 7
Somewhat easy these questions, but they may be useful to some.
1. What type of creature is a Portuguese man-of-war?
2. How many atoms of oxygen are there in one molecule of water?
3. What is the more common name for Hansen's disease?
4. Which zodiac sign is also called the twins?
5. In which limb would you find the humerus, ulna and radius?
6. What is the only wild monkey now living in Europe?
7. Which gas is represented by the symbol o?
8. What name is given to a bird's entire covering of feathers?
9. Which metal has the chemical symbol Ag?
10. Who developed the theory of Relativity?
11. In a bucket of pure water, which would be the heaviest in total - the hydrogen atoms or the oxygen atoms?
12. Which form of carbon is most likely to be found in a lead pencil?
13. How many of the planets in the solar system are bigger than earth?
14. Which unit is defined, as the heat required to raise the temperature of one gram of water by one degree centigrade?
15. To where did the Royal Observatory move in 1990?
16. Who invented the ZX80 computer?
17. The sun's heat is derived from the fusion of hydrogen into which other element?
18. Which organ of the human body is affected by Bright's disease?
19. Which engineer constructed the Stockton and Darlington railway and provided its first locomotives?
20. Which scientist was charged with heresy in 1633 for his view that the earth orbits the sun?
6. Barbary ape
14. The Calorie
16. Sir Clive Sinclair
19. George Stephenson