1. Which word can mean to accept an insult, to repress an emotion or to take?
2. Which champion held the WBA and WBC welterweight titles in 1987 and 1989?
3. Which bird, famous as a "collector", has the Latin name Pica Pica?
4. What steam locomotive broke the speed record at 126 mph in 1938?
5. Members of which native Indian tribe now reside at specific reservations in Montana?
6. Which southern U.S. state is nicknamed "The Pelican State"?
7. Which town near Luton, lies on the River Ouzel and has the town of Linsdale on the opposite bank?
8. An ouzel is an old name for which bird?
9. Which former British ambassador married the daughter of James Callaghan?
10. Which bird has varieties called rock, tawny, water and tree?
11. What is the alternative name of the Shakespearean character, Robin Goodfellow?
12. What type of bird appeared in the title of a book by Jack Higgins later made into a film starring Donald Sutherland and Michael Caine?
13. In Golf, how many strokes under par is a birdie?
14. What type of bird did William Wordsworth address with the words ?Shall I call thee bird, or but a wandering voice??
15. Which instrument was played by the jazz musician Charlie ?Bird? Parker?
16. Who wrote the story on which the 1963 Alfred Hitchcock film ?The Birds? was based?
17. Which bird was the title of a 1968 UK number 1 hit for Fleetwood Mac?
18. In the famous Monty Python parrot sketch, what breed of parrot had John Cleese supposedly been sold?
19. Which English football league club are nicknamed ?The Eagles??
2. Marlon Starling
7. Leighton Buzzard
9. Peter Jay
12. Eagle (The Eagle Has Landed)
16. Daphne Du Maurier
18. Norweigian Blue
19. Crystal Palace