1. The disease was first identified in December of 2019 in Wuhan. Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?
2. Outside the human body, the virus is easily killed by which household product, bursting its protective bubble?
3. Leading up to the pandemic, most international health bodies issued guidelines for the wearing of PPE. What does PPE stand for?
4. The word "quarantine" gets its name from
a. the number 40
b. the term guarantee or
c. a quarter?
5. Who famously said “If we have thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work—some of them go to work, but they get better.”?
6. An infectious disease caused by a pathogen that can be transmitted from animals to humans is referred to as being:
b: stenotic or
7. In March 2020, Deutsche Telekom shared aggregated phone location data with the German federal government agency, the RKI, in order to research and prevent the spread of the virus. What does RKI stand for?
8. Transmission from other species:
a. Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) was first transmitted to humans from which animal?
b. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-1 (SARS-CoV-1) was first transmitted to humans from which animal?.
9. An N95 mask meets the N95 standard of the U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) A.F. rating. What does the 95 refer to in its name?
10. There are four distinct types of PPE, as worn by those treating victims of the virus. Name them.
11. Robert James Ritchie Sr initially refused to suspend operations at his Nashville bar after the mayor ordered bars to close. How is Robert James Ritchie Sr better known?
1. Hubei Province
3. Personal Protective Equipment
4. a: The number 40. (used in the 14th-15th-century Venetian language and designating the period that all ships were required to be isolated before passengers and crew could go ashore during the Black Death plague epidemic)
5. Donald Trump
6. c: zoonotic
7. Robert Koch Institute
8. Two answers: a. Camels, b. civet cats
9. It filters at least 95% of airborne particles,
10. Four answers:
b. Mask or respirator
d. Eye protection / goggles / sealed glasses
11. Kid Rock