1. What colour is the flag used by the starter to bring the horses into line for a race?
2. In 1996 Frankie Dettori rode all seven winners at which racetrack?
3. Her ex-husband and her son both rode the runner-up in a Grand National, but she has trained two winners of the race. Who is she?
4. Which former National Hunt jockey subsequently became a best-selling writer of crime fiction?
5. Who originated the system of penny postage?
6. Which horse won the 1997 Derby?
7. Which former minister in charge of the Post Office faked his death in 1974?
8. Which horsewoman was voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 1971?
9. 2 film versions of The Postman Always Rings Twice have been based on whose novel?
10. How many horses completed the 1980 Grand National?
3. Jenny Pitman
4. Dick Francis
5. Sir Rowland Hill
6. Benny the Dip
7. John Stonehouse
8. Princess Anne/Princess Royal
9. James M Cain