1. As the Knavesmire is to York, so the Carholme was to which course?
2. Diomed was the first winner of which great race?
3. How many Grand Nationals did Desert Orchid win?
4. How many individual bets make up a Yankee?
5. How many winners did Gordon Richards ride in the 1947 season?
6. In 1925 at Windsor, bookmakers went on strike. Against what?
7. In betting, how much is a monkey?
8. In his 1990 comeback which horse gave Lester Piggott his first winner?
9. In which country did Steve Donoghue ride his first winner?
10. In which Surrey town is Sandown racecourse?
11. In which year was the Derby first run?
12. In which years did Red Rum win the Grand National?
13. Lester Piggott shares his birthday with which annual event?
14. On which course in Australia is the Melbourne Cup run?
15. On which horse did Princess Anne win her first flat race?
16. Over which flat racing course is the Welsh Derby run?
17. Over which racecourse is the Ebor Handicap run?
18. Over which racecourse is the Greenham Stakes run?
19. Son of a famous father, who had his first winner at Kempton in 1978?
20. The Hambleton Cup, first run in 1612, is still run at which course?
21. What kind of a race is a 'Bumper'?
22. What is Dick Hern's real first name?
23. What is the first name of Peter Scudamore's father?
24. What is the real first name of Richard Dunwoody?
25. When is a racehorse's official birthday south of the equator?
26. When were women first elected to membership of the Jockey Club?
27. Where did Britain's first evening meeting take place?
28. Where did Jonjo O'Neill break his leg so badly that amputation was considered?
29. Where in Doncaster did the St Leger take place before it was transferred to Town Moor?
30. Where is the Happy Valley racecourse?
6. Betting tax
12. 1973, 1974 and 1977
13. Guy Fawkes Night
14. Flemington Park
19. Walter Swinburn, Jnr
21. A National Hunt flat race
25. August 1st
29. Cantley Common
30. Hong Kong