This sport quiz round was very kindly donated by Marc Jenner. Many thanks Marc, a great addition to our website.
1. Which sport is played on the largest pitch?
2. In 1950, India withdrew from the World Cup because FIFA refused to let them do what?
3. What is the connection between Volleyball, Squash and Badminton? Clue: This connection is not shared with tennis or table tennis.
4. In darts, what is the lowest score that CANNOT be scored with a single dart?
5. Which sports playing area is 2.7 metres by 1.5 metres?
6. Which sport do the Oklahoma City Thunder play?
7. In Athletics, what is the last event of the Decathlon?
8. What is the only sport to have been played on the surface of the moon?
9. Who was the first cricketer to achieve 10,000 runs in test cricket?
10. What is the highest possible break in snooker - 147, 150, 155?
11. Who were the runners up in the Europa League Final of 2010?
12. James Naismith invented which sport?
13. Who scored the winning goal for Romania when they beat England in the 1998 World Cup?
14. What significant sporting event took place on November 22nd 2003?
15. 8 minutes and 47.8 seconds is the fastest ever winning time for what race?
2. Play barefoot
3. Only the server can score
5. Table Tennis
8. Golf - In 1971, astronaut Alan Shepherd hit 2 golf balls to see how far they might travel.
9. Sunil Gavasker
11. Fulham FC
13. Dan Petrescu
14. The (2003) Rugby World Cup Final
15. The Grand National