The following quiz round was submitted by Alan Macdonald from the UK. Thanks Alan, great idea.
Simply put: The answer to the first clue is a six letter word. Add a letter to that word to give the answer to the second clue. i.e. Annoy a close relative = BOTHER/BROTHER.
1. Talk among yourselves about a pine tree
2. Lords it over everyone then packs it all in
3. A modern pop singer who used to hunt for a living
4. A seafood favourite to put a light in your eye
5. Was very scruffy but still pulled
6. Make a heck of a noise putting up a shelf support
7. A man all alone in his underwear
8. Get in a sweat then hide maybe
9. If you pay attention you could shine
10. Feeling healthier, go for a fried treat