Connections Quiz 55
The following quiz round was submitted by Tim Rowley from the UK. Many thanks Tim, a great round
1. Who refereed the classic Davies v Taylor snooker final in 1985?
2. What is an apiarist?
3. Who kept wicket for England in the 2005 Ashes series?
4. Name the Frenchman who won a clean sweep of gold medals at the 1968 winter Olympics in Grenoble?
5. Who was the last Englishman to win a golf major?
6. Name the high profile American Football player who played for the Buffalo Bills and the San Francisco 49ers?
7. Name one of the two athletes involved in the Black Power incident at the 1968 Summer Olympic Games?
8. What was the name of the incredibly successful singer, now deceased, who was born in Gary, Indiana??
9. What is the more common name for a pugilist?.
10. What is the connection between the answers of the previous nine questions?
1. John Williams
3. Geraint Jones
4. Jean Claude Killy
5. Nick Faldo the Masters in 1996
6. O J Simpson
7. Tommy Smith and John Carlos
8. Michael Jackson
10. The all wore a glove or gloves